Wednesday, September 07, 2005

THREE QUICK THOUGHTS

  • Yesterday was a low volume rally, only 1.42 B shares. Today's volume doesn't seem much better. Breadth was good.
  • We are seeing a divergence between the S&P and the transports. Obviously this can go on for a while. It is not a timing tool but like volume it tells you something about the character of the advance.
  • McDonalds is up over a dollar on a broker upgrade. I wrote about this stock a while back when it was under the influence of rumors on it spinning off its real estate. I thought that was highly unlikely and the stock started to come back down until it came under rumors about a spinoff of its Chipolte unit. While I think that is more likely, spinning off 435 restaurants out of 30,000 is not that big a deal. European sales are improving, but total sales have been slowing on a quarterly basis since the 1st qtr of 04.
  • 1st 04 - 17.8%
  • 2nd04 - 11.7%
  • 3rd04 - 9.8%
  • 4th04 - 10.3%
  • 1st05 - 7.97%
  • 2nd05 - 6.3%
  • Doesn't look like the receipe for a 20% gainer since 7/7.

2 comments:

Free Traffic System said...

Hello,

I liked your blog. I found many interesting information here.
I also give free info about free forex charting on my
href="http://www.WebTradingSystem.com">Forex Trading System
site.

If you have time please visit my web site to get some free free forex charting
information.

Kind regards,
Nick

Manxuria Investments Ltd said...

I with no reasonable doubt say that the info you provided above was right to the point as we all know it forex forex forex forex forextraderguide.info trading trading trading trading can be very challenging and thus we should applaus to those that put in wore to provide us with all needed ideals and infomation. My self i`m very thankfull. You can get more ideals and info from my website forex forex forex forex forextraderguide.info trading trading trading trading